13 Best Reminder App(s) for iOS & Android Users
Given that work from home is the ‘new normal’, the need for reminder apps has become important. The one thing that you always have on you is your phone – this ensures that remind me apps help you to get things done. Now there are a lot of such apps out there. But worry not, we have done the research for you and shortlisted a few.
There are more reminder apps on the market than you would imagine.
We have made a list of a good bunch of them, selected on the following criteria:
Free Version Availability (* If / Any)
Number of Features
Integrations with Other 3rd Party Apps (* If/ Any)
Ease of Use
The Absolute Best Reminder Apps
nTask is one of the top free reminder apps for web, iOS, and Android devices. Currently, it is being used by more than 100,000 individuals and teams in order to stay in their project’s game and to not miss any deadlines.
It offers some robust features to become productive and organize, both personal and professional life, in an efficient manner. In order to set reminders and notifications, users can create tasks and set the due date. This app allows you to set both planned and actual date.
If the task is overdue and the deadline approaches, you will get an in-app notification on mobile and web, along with a reminder email. You can set the reminder and notification as per your preference in the settings panel.
nTask makes it easier to collaborate with your team on projects and gives you updates on budget management.
- Available on web, iOS and Android devices
- Planned and actual due dates
- Task statuses
- To-do list and task progress
- Task assignment
- Team collaboration
- Gantt charts
- Project Management
- Meeting Management
- Integration with Zoom, Zapier, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Slack
- Basic Free Plan
- Premium plan at $2.99/user per month
- Business plan at $7.99/user per month
- Custom Enterprise plan
It’s a simple-looking app that doesn’t boast of an elegant interface. However, once you start using it, the number of options alone blows your mind.
With Wunderlist you can do much more than just make to-do lists. This cool daily reminder app enables you to attach photos, PDFs, and more to your tasks.
- Share Lists
- Compatible with All Devices.
- Due Dates.
- Mail to Wunderlist
- Basic – free
- Paid plan starts at $5 per month (free trial available)
3. To-Do Reminder with Alarm
The name already gives everything away, a To-Do reminder. Yes, a simple name but it offers a lot. The features include a dark mode, integrations with Google Calendar, Facebook, and an anniversary list. But, the best usability feature provided by this ass is the voice commands it offers to get things done easily.
- Voice command
- Upload to Drive
- Day and Night mode
This is probably the name you have heard before, it is the most popular app to feature on this list, and with good reasons.
Its sleek, smart, and loaded with features. The Quick Add option lets you set reminders in a flash. If you wonder how to use a reminder app, its fine, you don’t have to.
With Todoist, you only need to have a mobile phone and two thumbs.
Here’s why people love this app: it “gamifies” your reminders by using a ‘streak system’. Plus, get this, it ‘learns’ how you spend your time and which reminders are recurring.
If you want an app with priority setting features, Todolist is your best bet.
- Quick Add
- Task view
- Delegate tasks
- Task and project comments Pricing
- Basic – Free
- Annual subscription: $3 per month for the premium package
- Annual subscription: $5 per month for the business package
5. BZ Reminder
On Android, BZ Reminder is one of the best reminder app. Although, it doesn’t have many features in its pocket, the few features it has, they are extremely impressive.
This elegant app is super easy to use. You can color-code your reminders to differentiate between them and give priority to the tasks.
And the most remarkable feature is the fact that it supports Android Wear!
- Repeat task
- Call reminder
- Birthday Reminder
- Calendar Pricing
- Basic – Free
- Paid plan starts from $3.99
6. Google Keep
With the Google name attached to its name, it one of the big guns in the reminder apps industry.
Keep is the smartest daily reminder app out there. The app is so good that it can almost count as a to-do app!
The feature that places Google Keep in a different league is that it gives you location-based reminders. That means if you have a reminder to go shopping in a particular shop, it will remind you about it when you are in its vicinity.
- Text, images, and audio input
- Location-based reminders
- Easy to use
7. Microsoft To-Do
We already mentioned a big gun, Google, well here’s another - Microsoft. Any reminder apps list would be incomplete without the mention of Microsoft To-do. As expected, Microsoft has shown its magic with this app as well.
Intelligent features like Smart Suggestion, sub-tasks, and periodizing tasks makes Microsoft’s To-do app a complete package. The app can be used on any laptop or PC – you can have it on your iPad and iPhone as well.
Moreover, Outlook users can rejoice as it integrates with Outlook beautifully.
- See all your tasks in one view.
- Updated Today and Week view.
- See your notifications on the iOS app badge.
- Print your lists.
- Change how you add your tasks.
- See your completed tasks more easily.
Here’s something different than other reminder apps for phones and desktops.
Rembo is more of a bot than an app. It lets the iOS users have their reminders spoken to them.
This app-cum-bot is like your assistant moving around with you, ensuring that you get things done on time.
The app features jokes, and motivational quotes to add to the fun of using it. Rembo is completely free which makes it the best reminder app for iPhone – as far as the fun element is concerned.
- Jokes and motivational quotes
- Voice output
- Unique style
9. Things 3
Things 3 is an award-winning app which means, you ought to try it.
Things 3 keeps things simple yet stylish. Does that make sense? No? Well, let me explain…
You can make categories of your reminders, tasks, and even projects. Furthermore, anything can be added to these reminders or tasks ranging from images, audio, and notes.
This app also integrates with your phone calendar and makes sure you never miss a thing! It also syncs to iCloud. That means you get interruption-free regular data backups.
- Gestures based add
- Quick search
- Project deadlines
- $9.99 (iPhone)
- $19.99 (iPad)
- $49.99 (Mac) (15-day free trial available)
10. Fantastical 2
The app has a natural language input and a gorgeous interface to go with it. It helps you list down all the reminders with a range of alert tones and notifications to choose from. This really gives you the feel of a personalized app only for you.
It integrates exceptionally well with Zoom and Google Hangouts. This way you’ll never miss a meeting again.
- Work on Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
- Notifications and Alerts
- Integration with Zoom and Google Hangouts
- Excellent Calendar View Pricing
- Basic – Free
- Paid plan: $1.99 (iPhone)
- Paid plan: $2.99 (iPad)
The app is super smart, and it analyzes the way you work and which reminders are important to you.
It has a few tricks up its sleeve; the Time Travel feature is one of them. It helps you to navigate to a past or future date quite stylishly.
- Monthly, weekly, and daily to-do lists.
- Migrate unfinished tasks to another day.
- Quickly jump to a past or future date with Time Travel.
- Sync events with Apple calendars.
- Daily notes. Pricing
- $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
Any.Do is a popular reminder app for Android and iOS users. The best part is its cross-platform compatibility, which means that you can switch from iOS, Web, and other platforms to Android or vice versa.
As far as the reminders are concerned, you can easily set tasks by creating to-do lists appended by the time of the day. The tool also offers geolocation tagging to push gentle reminders whenever you’re near a store or a place that was added to your list.
Let’s say you have to take an office break at a favorite café, Any.Do will send reminders when you are in close proximity to that area.
Overall, it’s a great app with plenty of features for iOS, Apple Watch, web, and Android users alike. The WhatsApp integration of Any.do is the most unique feature that the app has to offer.
- Create reminders specific to geolocation.
- Uses a personalized approach to sending reminders when in close range of a specific location.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Android, iOS, Web, and Apple Watch users.
- Create lists of everything you need to do easily.
- Do automatically sorts all reminders into chronological order.
- Do pro starts at $2.99 per user with unlimited features.
The program’s interface looks like an ordinary piece of blank paper. However, there’s a lot more to it than whatever meets the eye.
Create reminders, tasks, and to-do items and cross them once they’re complete. Missed reminders are highlighted via a distinct color combination.
Create unlimited lists for anything you need to do during the entirety of the week. This app also introduces gesture input. Reminders are repeated automatically for periodic tasks. They can be turned off as per users’ convenience.
- Available to iOS and Android users
- Create unlimited lists and set auto-reminders for periodically occurring activities.
- Introduces gesture input for creating notes, to-do list items, and much more.
- Comes with a wide range of gorgeous color schemes. Apple’s retina display technology takes it all to the next level.
- Auto syncs to Apple Calendar for all tasks and lists.
- $4.99 per user/ per month.